Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 5 - PRABE #4

So, we finished Mockingjay. It was, as a series and overall, very enjoyable. The author was great at leaving each chapter on a cliffhanger or major revelation that didn't feel forced. But, it did about kill me and my daughter because each time we tried to stop reading, we felt like we needed to read for just one more chapter. The last book was full of death and destruction, which at times felt a little much for me to be reading out loud to my daughter. But, she's 11 and this was about a war. War is not pretty and she knows that, so the book would not have worked if the battles had been sugar coated. The resolution of everything felt a little rushed. I have felt that way in the last couple of books that I have read. I don't know if it's me or if these last few books have just not had strong conclusions. I am, though, somewhat of a sucker for a happy ending, so I appreciated the epilogue greatly. There were enough twists and turns, events and relationships for me to visit this series again, so that marks it as a winner in my book.

10/23/11 - 50 min
10/24/11 - 35 min
10/25/11 - 23 min

No comments:

Post a Comment