Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Week 4_PRABE#3

We are still reading Mockingjay. Today we hit on one of the points that has been an issue for me for some time; the fact that she has used these two boys when the situation suited her. The author is still trying to justify this and make it seem like a legitimate love triangle rather than a wishy washy girl that is so co-dependent that she can't not have one or the other of these boys constantly there supporting her. At the same time, she tries to write her as a loner who doesn't need anybody and pushes people away to "protect" them. I don't know, I hate this part of it because the personal relationships are what really make a story and some of them have seemed really genuine and this aspect of the main characters' relationship just sucks. But, I want to find out what happens. Another thing that's weird in this book is that nothing will happen for a long time or there will be weeks or hours (that spreads multiple pages) of prep for something, then other big events take place within a paragraph. The pacing feels awkward sometimes. I know my reviews make it seem like this book/series are not great, but I am enjoying reading them and my daughter is really liking them. I guess we'll see how it ends before I make my final decision. Stay tuned for next week...

10/16/11 - 30 min
10/17/11 - 30 min
10/18/11 - 45 min

No comments:

Post a Comment